Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

The Help



If you have not seen this movie yet, I encourage you to GO!  I haven't read the book - and they are usually much more detailed - but the movie was awesome.

By now, you've most likely heard of it.  Set in the 1960s South, where segregation and prejudice were commonplace, it brings together three people who bond in an unlikely and even dangerous friendship.  Through their connection with each other, they publish a book based on stories from the view of the "help".  It is humorous, heartfelt, and immense.  It shows the journey of these three women as they cross the lines that separate two races and prove that friendship doesn't exist only within class or racial boundaries.

Bring your tissues, Girls.

The Help

3 comments:

  1. I thought it was a great movie. I didn't read the book either but maybe someday I will. I want to see the movie again though and bring my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is sitting in my Kindle waiting to be read!

    ReplyDelete