Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Life Change

So, my life over the past year has been, well, busy.  I love to blog but I just don't always find the time to do it and when I do have the time, I'm exhausted and don't want to.  I went back to work last November for the first time in 12 years.  Can you say, "Culture Shock"?  I was promoted rapidly with my new job and am now Office Manager.  Scary sometimes, hectic, challenging for sure, but I love it.  And I have a great boss and a fantastic team.

The other big news in my life is that I have finally come to a place where I am tired of being overweight.  In May this year I signed up with the Howard Diet Center where I live.  It was something I could afford and I needed the boost to get me started.  I stayed with it for two months and lost 13 pounds.  Needless to say, I saw results which motivated me to do more.

I convinced my husband to join the local YMCA.  We've made the committment to go every day and we're following Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer on BodyBuilding.com.  The results continue to come.  I'm now a size smaller and feeling so much better.  I also follow Nancy Reinhardt and try to eat clean.  Don't get me wrong, I cheat now and then.  I believe you have to allow yourself a treat now and then. 

I'm going to use this venue to record my journey.  I'll post pics, articles I find helpful, my goals and triumphs, and my not so good days.  I hope you'll follow along with me and perhaps we can do it together.  I'd love to hear about your weight loss/get healthy journey!  Feel free to leave me comments or suggestions. 

Here's to whole health!

1 comments:

  1. Kuddos to you cuz. I hope you'll inspire me. I often feel like I'm at the mercy of job and work. Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete