Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Yummy Smoothies!

Quick workout update:  this past week we squeezed in three days of workouts.  Due to work restrictions that was all we could accomplish.  But, three days is better than none, right?!  I didn't eat as clean this past week either as I should be.  I'm not quite off the wagon but....  next week will be better.

I wanted to share this site I found that has recipes for great smoothies.  The Yummy Life "Make-Ahead Oatmeal Smoothies" are awesome!  I try to get my oatmeal in everyday - usually in the mornings for breakfast - but find I can't always get through a bowl of it.  This site was recommended by Nancy on her FB page so I checked it out!  Then, I went out a got a new smoothie blender (from Bella) and whipped up a strawberry banana.  It's awesome!!!!


I varied the recipe just a bit and eliminated the vanilla extract and honey and added in my whey protein.  Now, I've got my oatmeal AND my protein in one.  And what I love about these smoothies is they are not made with ice so they can be made ahead of time and frozen for future use.  That's important for me because we lead such busy lives!

Check it out!  I hope you enjoy!

Here's to your health!

1 comments:

  1. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, http://trafficpulse.biz/ have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.
    Mobile Apps Developer India

    ReplyDelete