Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Detective Shows How Easily Predators Reach Kids Online - Sandy Springs, GA Patch

As many of my Facebook friends already know, I'm a staunch advocate in fighting human trafficking and sexual exploitation. I feel it's my job and personal mission to open the eyes of the people of America - supposedly the Land of the Free - to the unimaginable realities that exist right under their noses. And I'm not talking about people in another state - I'm talking about YOU, the one reading this.

You may think, "Well, this is not something that happens around my neighborhood." But, I challenge you to think again. In the article below, a Sandy Springs, Georgia detective shows just how easy it is for predators to get to your child online. Sandy Springs is an affluent area in the Atlanta metro area. This scourge does not just happen in third world countries, in lower income districts, or to runaways. These children don't ASK to be exploited.

The Internet has become a staple around many homes. It provides easy access to anything under the sun that a person could want. Including the purchasing of sex from an 11 year old. Don't believe me? Read on....


Sandy Springs Detective Shows How Easily Predators Reach Kids Online - Sandy Springs, GA Patch

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your wonderful mission. I am a former counselor of adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse and know how important this is. I found you on the blog hop and would love to have you visit mine.
    Laura
    http://imsovintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is scary how so many kids give out private information over the internet. Neither of my daughters have facebook accounts, yet. My oldest, going into grade 7 is the only girl in her class that doesn't! Thanks for sharing this!
    Also, thanks for popping by my blog the other day, I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete